As a Licensed Clinical and School Social Worker, Amyra Henry provides a range of professional educational consulting services. She spent more than 20 years working for the Special Education District of Lake County (SEDOL), serving children 3 – 21 years of age in a variety of educational settings. She brings extensive knowledge in the areas of developmental delays, early childhood education, autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, medical/genetic conditions and more.
She also maintains a private practice in Highland Park, working with children, adolescents and adults in individual, couples and family therapies. Her life coaching expertise helps parents work on conflict resolution related to separation and divorce.
In the area of special needs, she addresses issues related to academic underachievement and advises parents how to navigate the complex special education process, allowing them to become more effective advocates for their children. Amyra also works with young adults with “Failure to Launch” Syndrome, who have been unable to successfully transition from adolescence to adulthood.
Amyra holds a B.A. from Cornell University in psychology and an M.S.W. from the University of Illinois Jane Addams Graduate School of Social Work. She is a certified as a divorce mediator and a collaboratively trained Divorce Coach and Child Specialist, and an Approved Mediator of the 19th Judicial Circuit Court, Family Division Mediator List.
Amyra lives in Highland Park with her attorney husband, Kenneth Henry and they are the proud parents of son Oren and daughter Orly, also attorneys.
AMYRA WEISSBERG HENRY LCSW ACSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker – Licensed School Social Worker
1866 Sheridan Road, Suite 305, Highland Park, IL 60035
847.380.2591 | email@example.com
North Suburban Synagogue Beth-El Pre-School – Highland Park, Illinois
August 2015 – Present
Clients: Children ages 18 months – 5 years and their families; early childhood education staff.
- Observation and assessment of developmental delays in children,
- Consultation with parents and educational staff regarding functional, learning and behavioral challenges and effective behavioral management strategies.
- Educational advocacy, including referrals to and facilitation with local school districts, medical practitioners and related service providers.
- Staff and parent psychoeducation.
Special Education District of Lake County – Gages Lake, Illinois
January 1993 – June 2015
Fall 2002 – Present
Clients: Special needs students, ages 3 – 21 and their families.
- Full Individual Evaluations
- Individualized Education Program development
- data collection
- case management
- individual and group treatment
- transition planning
- community resource development and referrals
- classroom consultation.
- Early Childhood Education
- Intellectually Gifted Students
- Learning disabilities
- emotional and behavior disorders
- autism spectrum disorders
- cognitive and developmental disabilities
- medical disabilities
- genetic syndromes
- Outreach Social Worker for Multi-Problem, High-Risk Families
- Itinerant Assessment Team Social Worker
- Mentoring of newly hired school social workers
Highwood – Highland Park School District 111
August 1992 – June 1993
Private Clinical Practice – Highland Park, Illinois
September 1981 – Present
- Psychotherapeutic services to children, adolescents, adults, couples and families.
- Diagnostic assessment and educational consultation on behalf of special needs children and their families.
- Conflict resolution services related to separation and divorce.
Chicago Board of Education
May 1979 – April 1984
Illinois School Social Worker Type 73 Certificate
1980 – Present
National Association of Social Workers
1979 – Present
Academy of Certified Social Workers (ACSW)
Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
1990 – Present
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals
1998 – Present
Eating Disorders Specialist (EDS)
Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
2013 – Present
Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois Fellow
Collaboratively Trained Divorce Coach and Child Specialist
Association of Family and Conciliation Courts | 2013
2-Day Training in Parenting Coordination/Post-Decree Parenting Issues
Northwestern University School of Continuing Studies | 2013
Divorce Mediation Skills Training
Illinois Autism Training and Technical Assistance Project | 2013
5-Day Practicum: Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois | 2012
Interdisciplinary 2-Day Basic Training
National-Louis University, Wheeling, Illinois | 1997 – 1998
Human Services Professional, Graduate Certificate Program in Eating Disorders
Alfred Adler Institute of Individual Psychology, Chicago, Illinois | 1978 –1980
University of Illinois, Jane Addams Graduate School of Social Work, Chicago | 1975 – 1977
M.S.W. Degree. Concentration: Clinical Social Work
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York | 1971 – 1975
A.B. Degree. Majors: Psychology and Sociology